Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Starting to Feel It

I'm starting to feel it - the anxiousness, the excitement, the anticipation, and the nagging twinges and tweaks that go with the mass of miles I'm putting my body through.

I've been fortunate that I've avoided any major injuries and the pangs I've felt have went away within the week with an ice/ibuprofin routine. Occasionally I'll cross train or rest a day to give the legs a break.

With my 2nd 20 miler behind me, I'm starting the process of a slow taper. My plan is to run more during the week knowing I don't have to do a major weekend run. I'm also starting to see the scale budge a little which is exciting!

Mostly what I feel right now is gratitude. Gratitude for the many people who've helped get me ready for this marathon. I rarely run alone and the only thing better than the endorphin rush of a good run is getting to share that feeling with others.

1 comment: