Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I LOVE MY MAMA

Is there anything better than getting snail mail from your mama? Well, when you're sick and feeling a little sorry for yourself the answer is NO.

My running pneumonia is starting to get the best of me. I stayed home from work today which took a lot because I have tons to do. I've also been icing my foot 3x a day trying to get rid of this inflammation. So just when I'm feeling like I'm falling apart and far from the marathoner I'm trying to become, I check my mail.

A package from mom.



The PERFECT running shorts. Perfect size and perfect fit so my Smith thighs don't rub together and chafe. There's not enough body glide in the world :). And even better - secret slim pockets for ibuprofin and gu.

Best of all, a handwritten note wishing me luck on my second 20 miler. She's doing her 20 this weekend too. I'm so lucky that we're in this together.

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad anymore.

4 comments:

  1. When I see things like this, I tuck them away for when my kids are older (won't be long!) Does Mom know you have pneumonia!? Might be time for a week off. Take care, lady!! *Sorry, my "mom" gene kicked in*

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWw, that's awesome!!! What a great mom! :) And my thighs can burn off even the thickest slab of body glide in about 2.2sec! hahah. I'm w/ ya sister. ~Bry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live; May the wind carry you, and Rise; high enough to see the truth. I will protect you when I can, don't be afraid, just give me your hand. As you go along, you won't take a step alone, and should your faith be gone, I will BELIEVE for you! Love you feel better, and there is nothing we can't conquer together! Love from the Luckiest Mom in the World!

    ReplyDelete